- Ensuring that technology and engineering careers are strongly considered by those entering the work force, through promotion to students in the K-12 system;
- Maximizing the ability to develop professionals from the residents within Northern BC, by promoting the local delivery of education in these professions;
- Retaining as many students as possible who are within educational programs that lead to professional accreditation, by connecting students with local employers so that the students can see the opportunities in their field and continue their studies;
- Enhancing the ability of the region to attract professionals, by broadly communicating the opportunities that Northern BC holds to the residents and external audiences.
- To support the technical and engineering education in the northern regions of British Columbia.
- To assist students who choose to study technology and/or engineering in northern BC.
- To provide similar and related services as determined by the membership.
- To campaign for more and better technical and engineering education in the North for the North.
Take Action Today
To get engaged now and demonstrate your support for technology and engineering programs in the north, become a member of the Northern Technology and Engineering Society of BC. Currently, there are no membership fees.
Visit our membership page to join us. Membership will include all types of technologists and engineers. As well, corporations and institutions who are involved in technology and/or engineering and/or education are encouraged to join